The Outbreak: I've got some good news

Sunday, June 12, 2005

I've got some good news

(I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. Jeez, remember that? The gecko doing the robot, too?)

From the comments around here nearly everyone's news seems to be at least as bad as mine, so I thought maybe letting you know this might help, in the sense that it's never gonna be ALL bad: My grandparents showed up at my parents' house last night, around 4 in the morning. I'm told they look worse for the wear, exhausted and dehydrated; that they were in a different car (an SUV) than the one they started out in; that my grandma has finally let her hair go gray; and that they're alive, alive, alive alive alive!!! My Grandma and Pa-Pa--I love you guys!!!

What a couple of tough hombres they turned out to be. I've yet to hear of anyone covering that sort of distance since this really started getting bad so I'm going to try and grill them on things as much as I can. But wow. I'm surprised to discover just how much I really DID expect to see them again. Which is incredibly naive when you think about it, but I really don't care.

PS: My thoughts are with you, Dr. John, Mister Mind, Jeff, Bill, Davey, everyone.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great, Sean. Its good to know that your grandparents made it through the hell that is Florida. You know grandparents can really suprise you sometimes with all the shit they have been through in their life. My grandpa a vietnam vet cleared our neighborhood by himself using hand to hand combat and a kitchen knife before he was overwelmed by the zombie hordes but even then he took himself as well as 50-60 zombies out by running into our neighbors propaine gas tank with his zippo lighter before he turned. What a trooper. I have no family left I am unsure of the family that is MIA (my mom, my uncle and aunt) now so keep what you have as close as you can and never let go.

I believe my father is still alive he lives in Ohio but the last i heard of him was about a year ago and we fought on the telephone. See my dad has alcohol problems and the doctor said he only had a year or two to live unless he changed his ways. So if we drink ourselves stupid then we might as well become like the dead. WE MUST NOT LET THEM WIN! WE MUST RISE UP AGAINST THE DEAD AND SEND THEM BACK TO THE DEMON TEET THEY DRANK FROM!! ITS THE DEAD VS THE LIVING AND ID RATHER BE LIVING!

Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Carnacki said...

That's great that they made it. I lost mine long before this happened.

Monday, June 13, 2005 12:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no food trucks in three days. everyone's running low on everything. food, ammunition, gasoline, you name it. and i'm worried about our ability to keep foraging. everything's getting picked over, there are more dead things everywhere, and we're starting to need to go much farther away from home than I feel comfortable. plus one of these days we're going to break into a house that isn't abandoned by the living, and the living are going to fight to defend it.

Besides Bill, we lost two more people from our neighborhood watch this weekend. nobody knows what happened. they went out foraging and never came back. (i've told nobody about what really happened to bill either... i can tell you guys and you'll understand, but i can't tell people who count on me to protect them.)

Monday, June 13, 2005 2:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you zombies! Damn you!

I'm in southern California. Only a few months ago I was a partner in a funeral home. Ha, the irony. These days I get a lot of walk-in business. A lot more than I want!

I am the only one left. Nate OD'd two weeks ago and woke up in the middle of the night. I had to put hi down with a shovel, but by then it was too late. He got his brother and sister and mother.

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am starting to warm up to the idea that the freshly killed living are a good source of protein.

Monday, June 13, 2005 5:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home