The Outbreak: Book Meme

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Book Meme

Courtesy of Mr. Jim Treacher.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this question, but I suppose The Lord of the Rings or 1984.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Yes, when I was in sixth grade: Carrie Kelley, aka Robin, from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. Actually, now that I think about it, I also had crushes in elementary school on Andy from The Goonies, Elizabeth Shue's character from Adventures in Babysitting, and Candace Cameron's character on Full House.

The last book you bought is:

There were a couple, from the DCBS: Seaguy by Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart, and Marvel Knights Spider-Man Vol. 3: The Last Stand by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson. If we're talking about prose books, hmm. Maybe Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden?

The last book you read:

Tokyo Tribes Vol. 2 by Santa Inoue. Prose: The Lord of the Rings, for the ninth time.

What are you currently reading?

I'm between books right now, but next is probably Planetes Vol. 4.2 by Makoto Yukimura.

Five books you would take to a deserted island.

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien (and let's face it, I'd cheat and bring The Hobbit and The Silmarillion too)
The Stand by Stephen King
The Complete Books of Blood by Clive Barker
The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
1984 by George Orwell

I would not be very popular on this deserted island.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

The Missus, Ian, and Alan, because I'm reasonably sure they acutally read this thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home