The Outbreak

Thursday, June 23, 2005

My grandparents want to drive up to Boston for my cousin's funeral. My parents think this is crazy, and I really do to. It's a miracle that Grandma and Pa-Pa were able to make it from Florida to here as it is, and there's no sense in pushing their luck. It's not like my aunt and uncle wouldn't understand. On the other hand if you're at my grandparents' age and this is the world you find yourself in, maybe you just say "to hell with it--we're going to do what we want to do." I don't know what I would do in their shoes. These situations are supposed to bring out the best in people.

I really didn't know my cousin anymore. We always saw them least of all our family members. It's family love. I don't know. I remember when I went to college and a former friend of my best friend there was murdered. They had had something of a falling out and I didn't really like her anymore, but I was still "friendly" with her of course. Then one morning we get a call that she was stabbed to death the night before. I had such a bad headache for no reason at the time she was being murdered, isn't that weird? The next few days were spent grieving for a person I'd learned not to care about anymore. But it was grief, oh you bet, was it ever. Another body murdered.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mistrmind said...

I don't advise going to Boston.

Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Pittsburgh.

There's an outpost in Cleveland, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your cousin man. Atleast your grandparents will be in the safest place which is inside a graveyard, ya know how f--ked up things are when the place where they keep the dead is the safest place you can go.

My mom used to take me to this graveyard to practice driving before i got my licence and my grandma used to say this phrase to reference the other drivers on the road she said "Its not like the dead can hurt you, its these real ones that can" How wrong she was.

Oh and just an update on my situation here, everything is going ok. We have started to reconstruct a new society within the store, since theres only 3 of us. Weve started a garden on the roof and some watermellon has started blooming (these are the cheap 89 cent seeds packets, so I dont expect much from them) but food is food ya know.

Also guys, John Deer tractors are great modes of transportation revs seem to be attracted to the sound it makes and you can just push them right over.

Well I got choores to do around the store, let me know how things go with your Grands Sean.

JEFF OUT!

Monday, June 27, 2005 6:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home