The Outbreak

Saturday, April 02, 2005

You can hear sirens all the time now, through the wind and rain (this is the second huge storm in a week). Clearly they're regrouping and pushing things back, starting from the main roads--they all seem to be coming from the direction of Newbridge, and maybe there from the Southern State and Hempstead Turnpike. I think they use the sirens to attract them. Siren goes on, and within two minutes, bang bang bang. Still nothing right where we are.

At around 3:30 Amy woke me up to tell me that the old lady next door had gotten loose from the basement. I looked out the window and you could see her running down the street, toward the sirens. I went downstairs and knocked on the floor. Sarah came up and let me pet the old lady's dog. The poor thing, how can it understand? I can't understand. Nobody can understand this.

Dave left another comment below, if you've noticed, whoever you are. It sounds like the cities are a bloodbath. They've probably been working on them first, but god, that could take months, months.

We turned the news on today for the first time since I don't know when. They're calling them revenants, the cops and the Guard call them revs. Nobody use the z-word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home