The Outbreak: Public access

Friday, July 29, 2005

Public access

On public access the other day I saw unedited footage that I assume was taken in the Midwest someplace, some small city. A huge horde of revs--the biggest I've ever seen by far, though to be fair I've never seen a very large group all in one place; but seriously, there were probably hundreds--had massed outside some gated community with an electrified fence. You could see a bunch of their bodies already stuck on the fence and lying around it, and the ones that were left had learned to leave it alone, but they were still sticking around, apparently. Suddenly a helicopter gunship, the kind I guess that kept crashing in Afghanistan, that sort of thing, hovers down into the frame and just unloads on the zombies. And then around the cameraman a big group of soldiers get up and open fire with machine guns. They even tossed a few grenades. I've never seen anything like it--as always there was very little blood, but there were just pieces of revs flying everywhere. Some made a run through the fence, which had pretty quickly been destroyed, but for the most part they were wiped out within twenty minutes or so. It was amazing. It makes me think we're winning.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would have been cool to see Sean. Atleast your getting public access, most of my stations are static and theres one where they are still broadcasting but they are revs i think they were making their last broadcast to everyone when a couple revs got in and did their thing.

Im starting to think that me and Christine better get out of here,shes been acting pretty crazy like there is nothing more for her to live, theres too many memories here for her and also our little eutopian society we built in the store has fallen.

Tommorow im gonna see if this old station wagon that was in the shop in the auto depot still runs then im going to repair what needs to be repaired and we are going to head south possibly to miami. I just hope this old Jelopy will make it that far, shes a tough bird, a couple bullet holes but i have faith in her.

If we make it there then i was thinking of trying to salvage a boat and float to cuba or the bahamas. I think id be safer in the bahama island because from what i understood in earlier news reports the foreign countries are really protecting their shores from infected invaders.

If I dont make it and you dont hear from me, I hope everything works out for you guys. Remember we are still at the top of the food chain!


Jeff

Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you see what I see every day.

Apparently Sarah and I are not alone here, as I've been hearing shouts over the past few days coming from the next block over.

I'm pretty sure one of them is using a bullhorn, but the other has some sort of microphone and amp setup. I didn't realize how much I missed the sound of voices other than our own. And to think, I used to pray for peace and quiet....ha ha.

Depending on which way the wind is blowing, I can sometimes even make out what they're saying. Last night I heard the word "army". Two hours later all hell broke loose.

It's like the "cleanup crews" you were talking about a while back, except I'm pretty positive they were all army. At first we cheered as the army guys, armed with flamethrowers and rifles, mowed a swath through the revenants; but then I saw what the flamethrowers were really for...

They burned everything. Everything. I guess they figured it was easier to burn down a rev-infested ghetto and rebuild it at some future time than it would be to, yknow, RESCUE US!

Our building caught fire and I swear to God I thought we were going to choke to death. The thought in my mind was: "Great. We survive the dead rising and possible starvation only to die in a building fire. Ha ha."

Most of the building is made of brick and while the structure collapsed a bit, most of the roof actually held and the fire petered out before we could get cooked. At any rate, the revs on the second floor are dead....again.

The solar panels are equally dead and I've got less two hours left on the battery. I'm going to sign off now and we're getting the hell out of here.

P.S. - Ha ha, the stairs were made of wood :(

...so were the floors.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 12:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home