The Outbreak: Question and Today

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Question and Today

Do they ever die of natural causes? Has anyone seen this happen? I really haven't seen enough to know and I haven't heard anything about it, but that doesn't mean it's impossible, I guess. They obviously eat meat, but do they starve if they don't get it?

Today Amy and I drove over to Target and I bought new sneakers. My old ones had started to hurt my left foot and ankle whenever I wore them, and obviously you kind of need to have dependable footwear these days. WalMart is closer, but it's also closer to the hospital, and even though the Leopolds reported that the place is locked down tighter than anything they've seen since all this started, you know what? No thanks. The selection was for shit of course but like most of the stores that we see around here the joint was jumping. People are just happy to be able to do this sort of thing, and the bad patches in the Midwest and the West Coast don't seem to interfere with the flow of your basic goods and things that badly. The big chains appear to manage better than the little shops of course. Anyway I got some nice sneakers. We also popped in the Stop and Shop.

I wonder if I should start thinking about getting a new job? I have to try to get in touch with my old coworkers. I wonder if they're thinking about restarting the magazine. My guess is no. My guess is that the revenants succeeded where the bursting of the Image Bubble failed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think aging doesnt matter to them, they are already dead after all. Yesterday i watched as one of the revs that have been outside since last week crawl around dragging the rest of his body like he was severely injured or the lower half of his body had been seperated from the rest of him and only connected by a few threads of flesh and bone.

Christine has decided that its ok to go outside more, although i worry because we dont really know the enemy, I dont want to go for a picnic in the park and then 4 seconds later have a rev up my ass.

Maybe our life in Miami will be different. Who knows. The Cars almost done, ive added one of those automatic door openers to the car so all we have to do is hit a button and the doors open for us. Pretty nifty i think.

I got to add a new engine belt on it and it should be good.

Well thats all.

Monday, August 01, 2005 11:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Bill checking in. Been a while. The ribs are healed and I've been patroling again with the neighborhood watch. Trying to pull my weight and all that since the guys had been taking care of me while I was laid up.

Seems I've got a knack for finding the revs that are either hiding or popping up fresh (stroke? heart attack? domestic disturbance?) We have had some problems at the hospital, so your caution is well founded, but a contingent of national guard has taken over that duty, thankfully. Rumor has it they have the whole building rigged to blow if need be. creepy.

I still can't get in touch with my family in New Hampshire (anyone from New England have any news?) and can't bear to talk to the other siblings. can't deal with the tv news and somehow can't wrap my mind around finding a normal job again. my head is all over the place. I can't sleep and am usually pretty blue, but when I'm killing revs, I feel great, almost high. Maybe it's just boredom after hiding in my aptment reading for a month straight. I've really come to love the cool metal bulk of a shotgun in my hands. love that kick when I shoot it and see little bits of this and that blast out of a target.

I have grown a groovy full beard, however, so I have that going for me.

Sean, I havn't seen one starve to death (re-death?) been contemplating capturing one to see if it happens. That could be fun.

Stay safe and good luck everyone!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Sean T. Collins said...

Apparently the hospital near us has finally gotten bona-fide restraints for all the patients. Before that they were using rope, bike chains, torn up sheets, pillowcases, heavy-duty garbage bags...pretty much whatever they had on hand. Learned the hard way, I guess.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home